Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician
Experience:  I've been working with American made cars since 1992.

2006 dodge Charger: I will need to replace my input speed sensor

Hello, I have the same problem which you gave an answer to before. I will need to replace my input speed sensor on my 2006 dodge Charger 3.5L. I have the code p0700- trans malfunction which goes along with the p2767- no input speed sensor signal.
Could you please send me the directions on how to replace the input speed sensor?

Thank you
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.
My name is Vladimir.
You will need put you car on a hoist in order to replace the sensor.
Locate the input speed sensor on the driver side of the transmission ( see the picture below) and disconnect its wiring connector, remove the bolt holding the sensor to the transmission case and then remove the sensor from the transmission case ( you may experience some fluid leaking through its mouniting hole).
Reverse procedure to install.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
when I lift the car, and take off the pastic shield which covers everything ender the engine, will I have to remove anything to get to the transmission, or will I get to it easily?
The transmission is located behind the engine, so when you raise you car you will easily discover the transmission and then locate the sensor.
I am not even sure you need to remove the plastic shield under the engine.

Edited by Vladgmru on 4/10/2010 at 9:22 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I just lifted the car, took off the shield and checked for the speed sensors. I do not see any of them attached to the transmission. I can't even see the wiring connector.
Did you find the transmission?
Can you see some wiring harnesses connected to the transmission?
Have you looked for sensors on the driver side of the transmission?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I check the drivers side, but there are no harnesses that lead to any sensors. Is it possible for them to be on the passanger side? Would I see them easily or would they be hard to find?
Maybe the input speed sensor is not on the outside of the trans, but maybe it's an internal job.
No sir, both input and output speed sensors are on the driver side of the transmission.
I gave you the picture above, did you see it?
You didn't tell me if you found the transmission. If so, does it look like the one on the picture?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes I found the transmission. But can't find the sensors. I can send you a link to a picture of my trans, so you can see for yourself.
Sounds great, please let me see this picture.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
here is the driver side..

here is the passenger side
I got it, it is a NAG1 transmission and I was talking about a 42RLE transmission that usually comes with a 3.5L engine.
What engine do you have?
Could you give me your VIN number?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have the 3.5L,
VIN number 2B3KA43G96H256942.
Sorry for this misunderstanding. I was thinking you have another transmission.
Yes, you have a NAG1 transmission . The input sensor is located inside the transmission. Actually it is a part of an electrohydraulic control module that is attached to the valve body inside the transmission.
Here is the part number : 52108308AB.
You will need to disconnect 13-pin plug connector (Turn bayonet lock of guide bushing anti-clockwise), then remove the oil pan, oil filter, unscrew Torx bolts and remove electrohydraulic unit . After removing the electrohydraulic unit from the vehicle, you will need to dissasembly it in order to replace this part.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
how much do you think that this would cost to do at a transmission shop? I would not go to the dealer.
This work is supposed to be done in about 2 hours.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you
You are welcome!
Have a great weekend.