Vladgmru
Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician
Experience:  I've been working with American made cars since 1992.
12883947

2006 dodge Charger: I will need to replace my input speed sensor

Hello, I have the same problem which you gave an answer to before. I will need to replace my input speed sensor on my 2006 dodge Charger 3.5L. I have the code p0700- trans malfunction which goes along with the p2767- no input speed sensor signal.
Could you please send me the directions on how to replace the input speed sensor?

Thank you
Tom
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.
My name is Vladimir.
You will need put you car on a hoist in order to replace the sensor.
Locate the input speed sensor on the driver side of the transmission ( see the picture below) and disconnect its wiring connector, remove the bolt holding the sensor to the transmission case and then remove the sensor from the transmission case ( you may experience some fluid leaking through its mouniting hole).
Reverse procedure to install.
graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
when I lift the car, and take off the pastic shield which covers everything ender the engine, will I have to remove anything to get to the transmission, or will I get to it easily?
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 4 years ago.
The transmission is located behind the engine, so when you raise you car you will easily discover the transmission and then locate the sensor.
I am not even sure you need to remove the plastic shield under the engine.

Edited by Vladgmru on 4/10/2010 at 9:22 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I just lifted the car, took off the shield and checked for the speed sensors. I do not see any of them attached to the transmission. I can't even see the wiring connector.
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 4 years ago.
Did you find the transmission?
Can you see some wiring harnesses connected to the transmission?
Have you looked for sensors on the driver side of the transmission?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I check the drivers side, but there are no harnesses that lead to any sensors. Is it possible for them to be on the passanger side? Would I see them easily or would they be hard to find?
Maybe the input speed sensor is not on the outside of the trans, but maybe it's an internal job.
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 4 years ago.
No sir, both input and output speed sensors are on the driver side of the transmission.
I gave you the picture above, did you see it?
You didn't tell me if you found the transmission. If so, does it look like the one on the picture?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes I found the transmission. But can't find the sensors. I can send you a link to a picture of my trans, so you can see for yourself.
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 4 years ago.
Sounds great, please let me see this picture.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
here is the driver side..
http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae81/kontraband666/driverside-1.jpg

here is the passenger side
http://i960.photobucket.com/albums/ae81/kontraband666/passengerside.jpg
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 4 years ago.
I got it, it is a NAG1 transmission and I was talking about a 42RLE transmission that usually comes with a 3.5L engine.
What engine do you have?
Could you give me your VIN number?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have the 3.5L,
VIN number 2B3KA43G96H256942.
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 4 years ago.
Thanks.
Sorry for this misunderstanding. I was thinking you have another transmission.
Yes, you have a NAG1 transmission . The input sensor is located inside the transmission. Actually it is a part of an electrohydraulic control module that is attached to the valve body inside the transmission.
Here is the part number : 52108308AB.
You will need to disconnect 13-pin plug connector (Turn bayonet lock of guide bushing anti-clockwise), then remove the oil pan, oil filter, unscrew Torx bolts and remove electrohydraulic unit . After removing the electrohydraulic unit from the vehicle, you will need to dissasembly it in order to replace this part.
graphic
Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician
Experience: I've been working with American made cars since 1992.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how much do you think that this would cost to do at a transmission shop? I would not go to the dealer.
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 4 years ago.
This work is supposed to be done in about 2 hours.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 4 years ago.
You are welcome!
Have a great weekend.