sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

I hvae a 2006 Dodge Mega Ram with a turn signal problem. It

I hvae a 2006 Dodge Mega Ram with a turn signal problem. It would flash right when I pressed the signal to go left. I took the cover off the steering column and tried to clean the contacts and It had worked since last October. today they stopped working all together, left or right and then the hazzards did not work as well. then all started working again

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

This is caused by the multifunction switch itself. The switch works off a resistive multiplex system where it receives a reference voltage and puts it through a series of resistors for the different switch positions. The return voltage is read by the instrument cluster which then determines switch position based and the voltage. An incorrect return voltage from the switch will either cause the wrong side to flash when you turn the turn signals on (this is pretty common with a failed switch), or if the voltage is out of a normal window by far enough it may not even turn the turn signals on at all.