Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician
Experience:  24 Year Chrysler/Dodge Certified Specialist
12104952

2000 dodge neon: timing belt..crank sensor,cam sensor..mileage..gauge

2000 dodge neon car cut off timing belt been replace about 8 months ago,replace crank sensor,cam sensor,coil pack,and still no fire.The dash mileage gauge flash FUSE,plus the mileage
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mopar Certified replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer Dodge my name is Mark.

The "fuse" display means that your IOD fuse is not plugged in or is blown. The IOD fuse is in the underhood fuse box and should be identified by looking at the lid of the fuse box.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
is that what wrong with the car?
You will need to fix this problem first because a blown fuse will cause a variety of problems. Since the vehicle is telling you the fuse is blown........repair this first.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hade check all the fuses but none was blown

The IOD fuse is in a plastic holder so you likely missed it because it doesn't "look" like a fuse.

Have another look for a plastic holder that has a fuse inside of it.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
did check that fuse,in a plastic yellow holder,but it was good

Alright, so do you have spark to the plugs and 50 psi fuel pressure to the fuel rail?

Have you checked the compression yet?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no spark to the plug,check the wiring to the coil pack and no power was there,that why i replace the crank,cam sensor?

How about fuel pressure at the fuel rail?

Does the check engine light come on when the key is in the ON position?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
fuel pressure is good,the engine check light come on when the key is turn on then goes off,and doesn't come back on when starting.
Ok, at this stage I would suggest you check for fault codes using a code reader. I've run across quite a few of the 2000's that have a P0601 code stored which is for an internal failure of the PCM.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I check to see if there was codes but there none,came back saying all ok

Do you have 12 volts going to the coil pack when the engine is cranking over?

If you do, then it would appear your PCM is dead and would need replacing.

Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician
Experience: 24 Year Chrysler/Dodge Certified Specialist