Roland
Roland, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master Certified for 10 years, Been working in Dodge Dealerships since 1992
30952659

2006 Dodge Charger: stall..We lose power steering and have no control

2006 Dodge Charger continues to stall while driving. We lose power steering and have no control of the car. It has been taken into the dealer 3 times and they have not been able to fix it. I am very worried about my family in this car. Can you please help me.

Hello my name is Roland

Is the check engine light on?

When does the vehicle stall out? coming to a stop, high way speeds

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The problem occurs when you are breaking to complete stop. It does not happen all the time, but I do not feel safe driving this car. The service engine light does not come on.

Have you replace the spark plug?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No. It is at the service department at the dodge dealership as we speak but they can't seem to figure out the problem. I would assume they have checked that. But no, I do not believe they have changed the spark plug. Should I suggest that to the service dept?

I have seen several vehicle that does not set codes and the vehicle stalls out when coming to stop. I have replace the spark plugs with OEM spark plugs and the vehicles have been running properly since.

Thank you for using justanswer.com

Roland

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I relayed your information to the service manager. Hopefully we will come up with something. We did discover that the car stalls right after you fill the tank with gas. Any suggestions?
If the vehicle stalls when filled up, more than likely the fuel vapors and fuel are getting into the vapor canister and when the purge solenoid actuates the fuel and vapors floods the vehicle out at idle do to excessive fuel taking the oxygen out of the intake.