CDJMasterTech
CDJMasterTech, Dodge Master Technician
Experience:  Factory trained and certified Dodge Master Technician, ASE Master Technician
18188794

radiator leak on the drivers side back bottom...3/4 (aprox) pipe

Customer Question

I have a radiator leak on the drivers side back bottom. There is an inch long 3/4 (aprox) pipe like protrusion that has no connectionto it at that location. The fluid is pouring out of this as fast as it goes in. Is this fixable, or has a hose come off? The van is on the ground & it's hard to see under there.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  CDJMasterTech replied 6 years ago.
That is the coolant drain for the radiator, just above it will be the valve that opens and closes to let coolant drain out of that pipe. Make sure the valve is completely closed off, to close it, tighten clockwise like turning a screw. If it is all the way closed and you still have a leak, sometimes you can remove the valve and replace the oring on it, if this does not cure the leak then the radiator will have to be replaced, as this valve is not serviced separately.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I do not see this valve