kalamykid, Shop Owner/ Tech

2007 Dodge Charger windshield wipers would not turn off tonight.

2007 Dodge Charger windshield wipers would not turn off tonight. When car turned off, they stayed on. Disconnected battery and they stopped. Reconnected battery and wipers were ok. Turned on and off.
What was cause? A possible short?
Will it happen again?
Should I get a diagnostic at a Dodge certified service center?
Your problem sound like a sticking relay. If you will give me just a minute I will post the location of the relay.
The wiper relay is in the instrument panel fuse block. I am sorry I could not find a diagram that would show you where it is exactly. If you look in the owners manual it will show you exactly where it is. You are looking for the wiper on/off relay.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Do I need to have this checked with a diagnostic at a Dodge dealership?

Will this happen again?

What will fix it permanently?

Is this a warranty issue?

The cruise control has always been undependable. After car has been driven on highway for several hours, the cruise control, when set, will disengage. The dealership has never been able to figure out, since it works for them on short test drive.

I wonder if these are connected issues.

I am not auto savvy, so will need to take to a pro, but want to know what to advise if wipers need further attention.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, it was a long night last night and I over slept. The relay is not a hard thing to change, it just pushes into the relay box/fuse box. You can get a relay at your local auto parts store. If it has done it once it will do it again. You do not need to take it to the dealer at this point just a simple relay should be the only problem and there is no reason to spend money to have the problem diagnosed at the dealer. If the problem happens again after you have replaced the relay then it will need further checking, and I or another expert here can walk you through the test steps if you would like us to. Is there anything more I can do for you?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Is there any connection to the relay box/fuse box and the cruise control that goes out?

Both happened during highway driving. (4hrs)

We have learned just to live with the cruise control quirk. But wonder what that problem is.

Thanks for help!

No the two are not related. How many miles does the car have? Can you tell me what size engine you have or the 8th vin digit please? Is your car the srt-8 model?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

80,069 miles. (Mostly highway)

8th vin digit is H

@007 Dodge Charger

I will see what I can come up with for you on the cruse control problem. Be back asap.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Aprreciate it.

The system for your cruse control can turn itself off for many reasons, sun light, another car that is to close, and even fog can cause the system to turn off. The system in your car is not the same as in say you had a 97 buick. The system in your car is called an adaptive cruse control system (acc). This system can apply the brakes " only 25 % of the ability of the brakes", adjust the speed for the traffic "as long as there are no sudden movements. The system is a very big step up in electronic capability. So if the system stops working it is hard to tell what is causing it if I can not drive the car. there may not be anything wrong, you just did not have all the information about the system.