Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician
Experience:  24 Year Chrysler/Dodge Certified Specialist

2001 Dodge Stratus ES: power windows, locks..quit working..controls

I own a 2001 Dodge Stratus ES, 4 door with power windows, locks. The power windows quit working ...NONE of the 4 door controls operate the door's windows. The driver's controls do not work either. I've already replaced the fuse (30 amps) and that did not resolve the issue. The power locks work just fine. Looks like everything else is working.

Where else should I look for the root source of the problem?

Welcome to Just Answer Dodge my name is Mark.

Since all 4 doors are affected, I would suspect you have a failure of the main switch on the drivers door or a wiring problem going to the switch. The switches on the other 3 doors all go through the main switch so this is why I believe the main switch to be the problem.

You would need to remove the switch and do some voltage tests to confirm this.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have a feeling that the wiring harness is disconnected from all the bouncing around (it's pothole season around here) :) The driver's side door has been worked on a few times in the last 3+ years (power window motor was replaced once, the window arm was worked on twice and then replaced ...since it was bend ...then the door panel had to be remounted a few times.

I will unscrew the 4 or so screws from the panel and check the harness tomorrow, when there's more light.

Thanks again.
You're welcome.....let me know if you need anything else in regards XXXXX XXXXX