ase_master327
ase_master327, Shop Owner
Experience:  +15 years experience with Dodge. Bumper to bumper diagnosis & repair.
907259
Dodge

where is oil pressure sensor located on 98 dodge ram, is it

hard to change?
Category: Dodge
Ron Z., - Dodge Tech -
replied 6 years ago.

This is a piece of cake to change. Right on top of the engine, rear.

graphic

Ron Z., - Dodge Tech - replied 6 years ago.

I was just doing a follow-up to see how you made out? I see you have made a deposit, but have not yet clicked Accept. If you need more help, please ask. If you have made a deposit, but have not clicked Accept, you will still be charged your deposit amount. Just Answer will be paid, however, the Tech that actually helped you, Me, does not! Please support the Techs that bring the quality information and services that make Just Answer the great site that it is! If you are satisfied with my answer and feel it has helped you, please click Accept. If you cannot find the Accept button, simply type "I Accept" in reply to this message.

Thanks in advance!

Customer reply replied 6 years ago.
How do you get in there to change it, I couldn't see it or get my hands back there. 5.2 liter engine, breather doesn't even look like one in picture

In the above message, you put 5.9L - no difference in location. You will have to remove the air cleaner duct work, and it is located near the distributor.

graphic

Customer reply replied 6 years ago.
I removed breather and ductwork still coudn't see it or get my hands on it

Ok. That is all the info i have on this issue. I will opt-out and forward you to another Tech who may better assist you. Sorry for the inconvenience. Sit tight one sec, someone will be right with you...

ase_master327, Shop Owner
replied 6 years ago.
Hi..
IS there another something in there, like maybe a line coming out of the block, or is it plugged off?
Customer reply replied 6 years ago.
I can't get to it, and I don't want to have to remove spark plug wires to do it. I can't even see it. Is it on passenger side? Other tech said it was simple to replace, it might be if you pull the motor but who wants to do that?
ase_master327, Shop Owner replied 6 years ago.
Yes it is on the passenger side of the distributor back there.. you will have to lay on the engine to get to it. if you dont want to mark and remove the wires.. you can unscrew the cap from the distributor.. or hire someone to come change it for you.