Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

I have a 2005 Dodge Neon. Sensor codes the car is giving me

I have a 2005 Dodge Neon. Sensor codes the car is giving me as well as Auto Zone are P0016, P0339, and P0335. What do these codes describe?
Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX codes can be caused by a few different problems, the most common problem is a bad crankshaft position sensor, it can also be caused by a bad camshaft sensor, also a timing belt that has jumped a tooth can cause the cam and crank signals to be out of sync, and cause this, which sensor did you replace already?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The timing sensor.
there is no "timing sensor", the computer uses the cam sensor and the crank sensor, where was this sensor located?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Underneath the battery.
Did you replace this yourself?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
No, a friend that is a mechanic did. Afterwards the light went out and I had not further problems until now. That was 1 year ago. The part I used was a NAPA part #CSS702
Ok, that is the camshaft sensor, is it doing the same thing as last time, before you replaced the sensor?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, exactly, It is probably obvious to you by this time, I am a bricklayer, and not a mechanic.
LOL, you should see how I lay bricks, You probably have a bad cam sensor, this should still be under warranty from Napa, i suggest you take it back and get it warrantied, this is not under the battery, it is on the rear of the head, but close to the battery,Tim
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank You to you Mr. Tim Mohr, I will accept your anwer and am more than satisfied with the time and patience you had in helping me. Anytime you need a question anwered on bricklaying, please email me. I would be happy to respond. Tom Lennox
Anytime my friend,If this doesnt fix it, just reply back to this question,Tim