Chris, Shop Foreman
Experience:  Dodge/Cummins and Chrysler Certified Master Tech

i would like to remove the bed of my 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 1

i would like to remove the bed of my 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 1 ton dually and replace it with my welding bed. Where Can I get the directions on how to do tis, including bolt sizes, exhaust muffler info etc?

Hello and welcome to just answer Dodge. This is not too difficult to do. You will remove the fuel filler neck fasteners where they mount to the bed, the 8 bolts (4 on each side) where the bed bolts to the frame (15 mm bolts) and the rear wiring harness connectors that connect the lights. You will also need to remove the spare tire winch bezel (2 phillips screws). Then get about 4 guys (2 on each side) and lift the bed off of the truck. You should not need to do anything with the exhaust. It will stay connected to the frame. Here is some information from the factory service manual for you to look at also. Hope this information helps, and let me know if you need more assistance with this.

1. Disconnect the fuel fill hose and vent hose. (Refer to 14 - FUEL SYSTEM/FUEL DELIVERY/FUEL TANK - REMOVAL)
  2. Disconnect the tail lamp wire harness.
  3. Remove the cargo box bolts. (SHORT CARGO BOX) or (LONG CARGO BOX)
  4. Remove the cargo box.