Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Mechanic
Experience:  25 years automotive expierience, Nissan factory trained, Subaru factory trained.

On my 2005 Caravan the ABS light comes on intermittently when

On my 2005 Caravan the ABS light comes on intermittently when I'm driving. Also, once in a while, when I restart the van the gauge area is not on for 5-10 seconds. Then it recovers and all is well. I still have original battery. No problem starting. Any clues?

HI there!It is possible that the abs light can be as simple as low brake fluid. I would start by checking the master cylinder. If it is a bit low, top it off and see if there is improvement. If the light continues to come on, you will really need to have it scanned to determine the issue. There are several wheel speed sensors and and components that make up the system so an accurate diagnosis is important to save money.

As for the instrument panel. This is really a tough call, it can be something like a loose plug in the back or as complex as the IP itself. they do tend to fail on this model.

It would not be a bad idea to have the battery checked, but Idon't belive it is the problem at this point. Hope this helps!