Tim Mohr, ASE MASTER TECH
Experience:  30 YRS EXPERIENCE, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC, GAS AND DEISEL
17454363

what marks are used on right camshaft thedots or the arrows

Customer Question

Category: Dodge
Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX the drivers side you use the arrow, on the passenger side you use the dot, I will post the diagram below,Tim

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
graphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I AM ASKING ABOUT THE CAMSHAFTS THE TIMING CHAIN IS NO PROBLEM I AM TRYING TO GET CONFIRMATION THAT YOU USE THE ARROWS ON THE CAMSHAFTS AS WELL AS CAMSHAFT SPROCKET

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
Ok, I'm not understanding your question then, are you trying to line up the camshafts to put on the timing chain?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I PUT CAMS IN THE MARKS YOU USE ON THE CAMS ON RIGHT SIDE ARE ARROWS LEFT SIDE ARE DOTS THIS SHOULD BE A YES OR NO ANSWER

Expert:  Tim Mohr replied 6 years ago.
as you are looking at the front of the engine, the arrow is on the right and the dot is on the left,Tim
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

it's fixed the camshaft with the arrows my right had to be turned and held to get all marks lined up camshafts at 90 degrees and the camshaft sprockets at 60 degrees.

i have been a mechanic for over 40 years and i got hurt 15 years ago my son was doing this engine swap and the info he gave me wasn't the problem i had him bring the hanes book that i bought him before he even started but kids always seem to know best so he didn't bother reading ahead of time then when he did read and see diagrams

he didn't understand when i came home he told me what he did i went out to the garage

and fixed it. i'm sure this is more then you really want to know but all he had to do is wait til i got home i appreciate your help THANKS