vipertech763
vipertech763, automotive technician
Experience:  gold certified, dodge viper certified
3256298

2006 Dodge: 4.7L..V8..cannot locate the PCV valve to check it

I have a 2006 Dodge Ram 4.7L V8 and cannot locate the PCV valve to check it and/or replace it.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  vipertech763 replied 6 years ago.

Good evening, here is the info you requested:

REMOVAL

3.7L V-6 / 4.7L V-8

The PCV valve (6) is located on the oil filler tube (4). Two locating tabs are located on the side of the valve (2). These 2 tabs fit into a cam lock (3) in the oil filler tube. An O-ring (1) seals the valve to the filler tube.

1.Disconnect PCV line/hose (5) by disconnecting rubber hose at PCV valve fitting.
2.Remove PCV valve at oil filler tube by rotating PCV valve downward (counter-clockwise) until locating tabs (2) have been freed at cam lock (3). After tabs have cleared, pull valve straight out from filler tube. To prevent damage to PCV valve locating tabs, valve must be pointed downward for removal. Do not force valve from oil filler tube.
3.After valve is removed, check condition of valve O-ring (1).

If this answers your question then please press "ACCEPT "so that I may be paid for the time spent helping you. If you need more help then please let me know. Thanks