vipertech763
vipertech763, automotive technician
Experience:  gold certified, dodge viper certified

How do I replace the front control module on a 2002 Dodge Ram

How do I replace the front control module on a 2002 Dodge Ram 1500 Pickup
Category: Dodge
Expert:  vipertech763 replied 4 years ago.

Good afternoon, here is the info you requested:

REMOVAL

1. Disconnect the positive and negative battery cables from the battery.
  2. Unsnap cover and remove the B+ terminal nut from the integrated power module B+ terminal. Remove the B+ cable from the integrated power module.
  3. Disconnect the gray connector from the integrated power module.
  4. Remove the integrated power module retaining bolt and screw

1 - COVER RETAINING BOLT
2 - INTEGRATED POWER MODULE RETAINING BOLT
3 - RETAINING SCREW
4 - INTEGRATED POWER MODULE COVER

1. Grasp the integrated power module with two hands and slide the assembly in the direction shown to free the module from its mounting bracket. Position the assembly upside down to access the electrical connectors located on the bottom of the unit.

1. Disconnect the electrical connectors by depressing the locking tab and rotating the connector arm outboard, until the connector is free from the module assembly. Be certain to pull the connectors straight off.
  2. Position the integrated power module on a bench and remove the four front control module retaining screws.
  3. Disconnect the front control module by pulling it straight off the integrated power module.

vipertech763, automotive technician
Experience: gold certified, dodge viper certified

REMOVAL

View Full Image
1 - COVER RETAINING BOLT
3 - RETAINING SCREW
4 - INTEGRATED POWER MODULE COVER

View Full Image