Dodge expert
Dodge expert, ASE Cert Technician
Experience:  30 years experience, ase certified,shop owner
22989858

Fix power door lock (driver side only) of ram 1500 quad cab with RKE

Customer Question

how to fix power door lock (driver side only) of ram 1500 quad cab with RKE
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Dodge expert replied 4 years ago.

if the door panel is off then just use a test light and see if theres power to the lock actuator when you press the button

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
are you talking about the lock motor or the buttons module and do I need to take off the latch/motor to check the wires because the wires that are seeming to lead to the motor are color coded differently than the haynes manual say they should be
no check the power eight at the latch itself, if using a test light you should have power on one wire at a time when you press the locks switch in either direction
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX was not working. I borrowed a test-light from my Dad. Two of the wires have power and two do not. The green wire, and the green and tan wire have power. The purple wire and the purple and blue wire do not. Does that mean the motor is bad?
GOOD A TEST LIGHT IS BEST , THE GREEN AND GREEN AND TAN ARE THE CORRECT WIRES , UNPLUG THOSE WIRE AND CONNECT THE TEST LIGHT BETWEEN THE 2 WIRES SO WE CAN CK THE GROUND CIRCUIT. EACH TIME YOU PRESS THE BUTTON THE LIGHT SHOULD LIGHT AND IF IT DOES YOU HAVE A BAD LOCK MOTOR
Dodge expert, ASE Cert Technician
Experience: 30 years experience, ase certified,shop owner
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks you have been a wealth of info. May I please ask you one more question. What do you use to get the the rod clips loose with? Needle nose pliers and a lot of practice?
Yes exactly either a pair of needle nose pliers or a long skinny screwdriver will usually remove the clip