Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Dodge Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Dodge Diagnostics
18617752

2006 Dodge RAM 1500: 4WD..ABS and Brake Light are on steady and they

Customer Question

2006 Dodge RAM 1500 Heavy Duty 4WD - ABS and Brake Light are on steady and they just came on today. I can turn the tuck off and turn it back on...lights come on as soon as I trun the key and stay on. Brakes feel fine and stop as they always have. Checked fluid and it is at thge proper level. I do live in Ohio and it is 28 degress..snowed yesterday, so there is salt on everything I am sure (sensor issue?). The truck has 52,000.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 years ago.

This is a very common problem with Dodge. Due to its located, the rear wheel speed sensor has a high failure rate. It is located on the top of the rear differential. This sensor will set an ABS light, which will in turn set a Brake light. Replacing this sensor should solve your problem.

graphic

Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 years ago.

I was just doing a follow-up to see how you made out? I see you have amde a deposit, but have not yet clicked Accept. If you need more help, please ask. If you have made a deposit, but have not clicked Accept, you will still be charged your deposit amount. Just Answer will be paid, however, the Tech that actually helped you, Me, does not! Please support the Techs that bring the quality information and services that make Just Answer the great sit that it is! If you are satified with my answer and feel it has helped you, please click Accept.

Thanks in advance!