George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master 15+ years

1996 dodge: relay or sensor for daytime running lights..2500(w/cummins

where is the relay or sensor for daytime running lights on 1996 Dodge 2500(w/cummins)
Category: Dodge
Expert:  George H. replied 6 years ago.

Hello I will help you with oyur question,

The DRL module is on the left fender in the engine compartment, here is the description of the circuit and the location of the module. Let me know what I can do to help you with this

Thank you

On vehicles built for sale in Canada, the low-beam headlamps operate when the ignition switch is in the RUN position and the park brake switch is OPEN.

Circuit L10 from fuse 15 in the fuse block supplies voltage to the DRL module. Circuit A3 from the Power Distribution Center (PDC) connects to DRL module.

The DRL module receives information on park brake switch position on circuit G11.

Circuit L4 powers the low beams of the headlamps. When the headlamp switch is OFF, the DRL module powers the low beams on circuit L4. When the head-lamps are ON, the multi-function switch powers the low beams on circuit L4.

Circuit L3 feeds the high beams of the headlamps. When the operator flashes the headlamps with the stalk of the multi-function switch, the DRL senses voltage on circuit L3 and stops supplying power to the low beams on circuit L4. Circuit Z1 provides ground for the DRL module.