Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician
Experience:  24 Year Chrysler/Dodge Certified Specialist
12104952

How to change headlight bulbs on 2010 ram 1500

Customer Question

how to change headlight bulbs on 2010 ram 1500
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mopar Certified replied 4 years ago.

You'll need to remove the complete lamp assembly to change the bulbs.

Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
2.Remove the four plastic push-in fasteners (1) that secure the upper radiator seal to the grille support and both fender ledges.
3.Remove the two plastic push-pin rivets (2) that secure the upper radiator seal to the radiator.
4.Remove the upper radiator seal from the vehicle.

NOTE: It is not necessary to remove the grille from the front of the vehicle to service the front lamp units.
5.Remove the screw (1) that secures the upper mounting tab of the front lamp unit (2) to the Front End Module (FEM) carrier (also known as the radiator closure) (4).
6.Using a socket with a magnetic insert or with a small piece of butyl tape inserted, reach down between the grille and the FEM carrier to access, remove and retrieve the screw (3) that secures the lower mounting tab of the front lamp unit.

7.Remove the fastener that secures the tab at the bottom of the access panel (2) to the front of the front wheel house splash shield (1).
8.Reach through the access opening (1) of the wheel house splash shield and lift the slide lock (3) upward far enough to disengage it from the lock post (2) integral to the back of the front lamp unit housing (4).
9.From the front of the vehicle, grasp the outboard edge of the front lamp unit firmly and pull it straight forward to disengage the ball stud (1) from the plastic grommet in the FEM carrier.
10.Pull the lamp away from the front of the vehicle far enough to access and disconnect the two wire harness connections from the park/turn signal bulb socket (4) and either the headlamp bulb (2) on vehicles with dual headlamps, or from the headlamp pigtail wire harness on vehicles with quad headlamps (not shown).
11.Remove the front lamp unit from the vehicle