brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,

Dodge: cranks but wont start

ok, I have a dodge ram with a v10 distributorless ignition. I was driving and it just quit, just completely died while driving. Now it cranks but won't start. My fuel pump comes on. I have no spark or fuel to spark plugs. All relays and fuses are good. I put new battery in it. No codes, except for a P0122, but I checked the tps and it is good. I changed the crank sensor and the cam sensor. My coils are good. I can't find any bad wires. Also something is draining my battery, I keep having to recharge it. It didn't run rough or anything when it died, just stopped. I am lost, what else could it be. When it cranks it cranks strong just won't turn over.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  brownjeff replied 6 years ago.
Do you have voltage to the coils with the key on?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
no I don't
Expert:  brownjeff replied 6 years ago.

Next test is to remove the asd relay and tell me with the relay removed and the key on which terminals have voltage to them and what the readings are.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
3 and 1 both have 12.8 to them I think that is 87 and 85
Expert:  brownjeff replied 6 years ago.
If you have two that have power then the computer is not grounding the relay. The computer will ground the relay when it gets a signal from the cam sensor and crank sensor. Since these were replaced most likely the computer has failed and will need to be replaced.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
would it also be draining my battery?
Expert:  brownjeff replied 6 years ago.
It could. I guess first things first. You need to get it running. Then see if it fixed the battery problem or not. Either way it has to run so I would start with that problem and it may solve both.