brownjeff
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,
11021861

318 dodge: I removed the oil sending unit from a 1996..fire wall

I removed the oil sending unit from a 1996-97 318 dodge ram. It's in the back by the fire wall. Visibility is very diffacult. there appears to be three holes. And the one I'm sure it came out of the new or old one won't screw in. But like I said visiblity is bad and I'm now syre where the unit goes. I know about where it cam out. But the 3 holes seem more like they are on the intake. Where is the right hole?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  brownjeff replied 6 years ago.

Here are a couple pictures that may help. It sits close to the distributor. Also are you sure you have the correct sensor as there is another oil pressure sensor by the power steering unit.

graphic

graphic