a dodgetech
a dodgetech, Dodge Technician
Experience:  Chrysler Master Tech 15+ Years of A/C and Electrical and Body Mechanical
17611435

2001 Dodge Stratus: heater core..without taking out the entire dash

Is there any way to replace the heater core on a 2001 Dodge Stratus without taking out the entire dash?
I have been doing a/c and heating work on these cars for a while now and I dont think there is a way to replace the heater core without removing the dash. do you need instructions on how to do it?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It is blowing hot on one side and cold on the other side. Do you think it is the heater core?
not if it blowing hot, not just warm. It sounds like a door in the a/c housing is the problem and in that case the dash would still need to be removed to gain access to see what door is not working properly
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I backflushed the heater core, and I had a good flow of water out both sides, does this prove that the heater core is not stopped up/plugged or is there someway that the water car bypass the chambers and just run out the other side and "seem" to be flowing. Also possibly making it heat only one side. Basically the passenger side is blowing very hot but the driver's side is not blowing hot at all, almost like it is losing heat from side to side or heat is not circulating to that side.
give me a couple of minuets i am checking on something
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok i will wait.
I was checking on service bulletins for your problem and there are none. some parts are serviced but you will need to get in there and see what parts if any failed