ricardo hohl
ricardo hohl, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ase master tech / and dodge ,jeep,and chrysler certified thec,with 28 years exp on general automotiv
14457476

2001 Dodge Dakota 4.7 Liter I did a fuel pressure TEST

2001 Dodge Dakota 4.7 Liter

I did a fuel pressure TEST from fuel rail Schrader Valve and pressure was at 60 PSI. Does this seem High?? I thought it was suppose to be around 47 or 48 PSI.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  ricardo hohl replied 4 years ago.
hi the fuel pressure is a little hi but that would not cause a stall only a low pressure will, but that don't seem to be the problem there, what you need is to check for spark at the moment it stalls because the problem can be a crank or cam sensor.
ricardo hohl, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ase master tech / and dodge ,jeep,and chrysler certified thec,with 28 years exp on general automotiv
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Would "Check Engine Light come " and Set off a code?

I have used SCAN TOOL and everything comes up GOOD!

When Engine spins over it is very fast like something is disabled?

yes the engine will set an engine light if the problem is permanent were the truck does not starts ,but yours dose and so that makes it intermittent problem and that is difficult for the computer to pick up, i really think that checking for spark at that moment will be more effective.