Dodge expert
Dodge expert, ASE Cert Technician
Experience:  30 years experience, ase certified,shop owner

2000 stratus no spark no fuel &can here fuel pump

Category: Dodge
Expert:  Dodge expert replied 4 years ago.

Most commonly this is caused by a faulty crankshaft sensor , here are few tests so we can pinpoint the problem

Tests/Procedures:1. Using a scan tool, check the status of the Camshaft Position (CMP) sensor and the Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor when cranking.

2. If not present, check that each sensor has 8-9.5 volts on the Orange/White wire. The CMP sensor is built into the distributor.

3. Check for 5 volts on the Tan/Yellow wire with the distributor 6-pin connector unplugged.

4. Check for 5 volts on the Gray/Black wire with the CKP sensor unplugged.

5. Check that the distributor and CKP sensor has a good ground on the Black/Light Blue wire.

6. Check for a loose timing belt or broken flex plate, this could throw the motor out of sync.
Potential Causes:Cam Angle (CMP) Sensor
Crank Angle Sensor (CKP)
Broken Flex Plate
Timing Belt
Tech Tips:Both CMP and CKP signals are required by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) to fire the coil and pulse the fuel injectors.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i i do have cam & crank showing good & inzink
Okay good necks I would like to see if we have injector pulse, take your normal test light and connect it across the two wires going to any one of the injectors, when you crank the engine to test light should flash.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes the light blinks
Okay good, so that means these sensors are good in the computer is doing its job, the coral and the ignition module are in the distributor and 99% of the time and with your situation if you replace a distributor it will run like a champ.
Dodge expert, ASE Cert Technician
Experience: 30 years experience, ase certified,shop owner