jeepmopar76
jeepmopar76, Dodge/Chrysler Triple Master Tech
Experience:  32 yr ASE Master Tech,9 yr Chrysler Master Tech, 13 years Dodge dealership service
16831211

my 2002 dodge durango is stuck in 4 wheel drive low range and

Customer Question

my 2002 dodge durango is stuck inXXXXXlow range and won't shift back toXXXXXit has a switch on the dash not a lever. how can i manually shift it?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  jeepmopar76 replied 6 years ago.
The shift is made on this transfer case, by an electric motor mounted on the transfer case. It looks like a small windshield wiper motor, and there is no external linkage, thus no way to do it manually.You could shift the t case switch to 4wd high, and crawl under it with it running, and the emergency brake on,and tap on the motor with a small hammer; this would be your only chance to possibly shake it loose. ( i would have someone hold their foot on the brake, just to be safe). Otherwise, you will need to get it looked at, to determine if it is the switch, the wiring, or the shift motor itself.