Kevin
Kevin, Dodge Technician
Experience:  15 years working at a Chrysler dealer Master Tech Owner Of Kevins Mobile Repair Atlanta
10592253

I have a 2007 dodge charger r/t.motor is the 5.7 hemi.

I have a 2007 dodge charger r/t.motor is the 5.7 hemi.the oil recommended is 5w/20(7quarts).If i change the oil with standard or synthetic oil theres valve train noise clatter noise on low rpm acceleration but if i throw a quart of marvel mystery oil the noise disapears everytime.why do i have to add marvel mystery oil to keep it quiet?took car to 2 dodge dealers they told me there was nothing wrong?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 years ago.

Welcome to just answers my name is Kevin

What weight oil are u putting in?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
5W/20 THE RECOMMENDED WEIGHT FOR MDS BUT I ADDED HEADERS AND DIABLOSPORT PERFORMANCE TUNE IS THE SYNTHETIC OIL TOO THIN??
Expert:  Kevin replied 7 years ago.
did this happen after u did the upgrades? or was it an issue b4?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I DID BOLTONS CAI HEADERS ETC YES AFTER THAT THE NOISE IS MORE APPARENT I THINK BECAUSE THE MOTOR IS PRODUCING MORE POWER BUT MARVEL MYSTERY OIL IN THERE NOTHING CAN BE HEARD

Expert:  Kevin replied 7 years ago.

all u would be hearing then would be the lifters. If u hear the rods knocking is would be a deep skirted sound. Humm 5.7 has been known for low rpm noise like that now if the upgrades changed the dynamics of the flow it gas and exhaust that could be why u hear it more now to. The MMO is a good detergent for cleaning out things like lifter junk.

I would just keep up with the MMO but thats me.