Josh, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler Master Certified Technician with 13 years of experience

2008 dodge charger: crank, no start, no pcm communication..bus

2008 dodge charger rt (5.7 v8) - no crank, no start, no pcm communication, dash displays "no bus", battery good, what next?
Hello, what you have is either a failed pcm or a module or a wiring fault causing the communication busses to fail. The only module that has the diagnostic communication buss as well as the can c buss is the totally integrated power module so that would be where I would start if you have no communication with the entire vehicle, if it's just the pcm that's not communcating it's most likely a pcm failure. In order to accurately diagnose this you're going to need a fully functional scan tool capable to communicating with modules on the vehicle other than the pcm so you can see exactly what modules are or are not online.

Also, if it is indeed the pcm causing the problem it's warrantied for 8 years or 80,000 miles.

If you have any other questions please let me know. If you're happy with the information I've provided please click accept.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There is definitely water and cold (15-25 F) involved - any chance this issue will clear itself?
It's not terribly likely, the only way water would really effect it is if the vehcile was submerged to almost the top of the hood, all of the electronics are near the top of the hood area.