Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician
Experience:  24 Year Chrysler/Dodge Certified Specialist
12104952

99 durango: The rear wiper went bad..park

I have a 99 durango. The rear wiper went bad. I have figured out that the wiper trying to get back to park is what was draining the battery. charging the battery cooked the wiper motor and now the radio and the dome lights do not work. I have checked all the fuses inside the cab and under the hood. I am wondering if there is there another fusable link or how the three items are connected. The car did have an oder of burnt wire but it seems that it was from the motor. I could see the dome lights being connected to the wiper motor but the radio?

The radio and the dome light are controlled by the iod fuse. This is located in the fuse box at the end of the dash and it generally is in a plastic holder so it doesn't "look" like a fuse.

The iod fuse is #12.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I pulled that fuse out twice and even had my son check it (better eyes) and upon a third time you were correct. Thank you so much. I was scared I was going to have to have to pull down the head liner and start chasing wires. I'm sure I will be using you again in the future. You saved me so much time and headaches!

You're more than welcome.