brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,

1994 Dodge Shadow ES: my heater/AC quit working..heater motor

I have a 1994 Dodge Shadow ES and my heater/AC quit working. I removed the heater motor and applied direct power to it and it works. I checked the fuse its good also. I was looking for the heater relay. I found 5 relays on the left fender wall.I replaced them, but still the heater does not work. I was told that there is a resistor located under the dash for the heater resistor. I would reall like your help if possible.

Thanks XXXXX
Category: Dodge
Expert:  brownjeff replied 6 years ago.

The most likely cause is the resistor (common problem). Here is some information on replacing it:

1. Raise the hood and remove the wiper arm assemblies.
  2. Remove the cowl plenum grille attaching screws and lift the grille from the vehicle.
  3. Remove the washer bottle attaching screws and move the washer bottle out of the way (if necessary).
  4. Remove the two blower resistor mounting screws and remove the resistor.
  5. Reverse procedure for reassembly.