sprinkles08
sprinkles08, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep master tech
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist

Replace the rear wiper blade on a 2008 dodge grand caravan?

Customer Question

how do you replace the rear wiper blade on a 2008 dodge grand caravan?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 years ago.

graphic

• Lift the wiper arm away from the glass.
  • Disengage the release tab holding the wiper blade to the wiper arm and remove the wiper blade from the wiper arm.
  • Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    this is the type of wiper on the front windshield i need the rear wiper style without the locking tab
    Expert:  Ron Z. replied 4 years ago.
    Hmmmm. Its not showing me a difference between the front or rear. Let me opt-out of this question, and i will forward you to another Tech that may better assist you. Sorry for the inconvenience. Sit tight one sec, someone will be right with you...
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    thanks ,hope i don"T have to go to dealer
    Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Your rear blade looks like this doesn't it?

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    the rear blade looks just like that

Excellent. There is a button on each side of the blade you have to push to release it. In this drawing I've darkened the buttons and drawn an arrow. There will be one of these on each side, squeezed both of these release buttons at the same time and slide the blade off the arm (away from the center). It will actually come off pretty easily once these are pushed.

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    still did'nt work , has no arm buttons on either sideit looks like it should just slide offthe slot ,but there is a catch hidden somewhere on the blade

Look at the picture again (I'm resending it) and you'll see there is a button on each side of the blade that have to be pushed at the same time. I darkened it and put an arrow to it in the picture. Both of these have to be squeezed at the same time, and then push the blade off to the right while holding these. These are what hold the blade onto the arm, there isn't anything hidden.

The only other possibility is if you have an aftermarket replacement wiper blade on it that mounts differently. In that case there won't be any service manual pictures to help if it mounts differently.

graphic

Experience: ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
    Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    still no luck ,dark outside will try again tomorrow your help is appreciated

Let me know if you still can't get it tomorrow. As long as I know during the day I could try to snap a picture of a van in person and I'd be able to upload a real picture to you tomorrow evening.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    thanks

You're welcome!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
    still can,t find the 2 tabs u mentioned

I went and checked a couple on the lot and they had a blade similar to the picture I sent, but they aren't the same. These don't have tabs, the blade merely pops off. Take a look at your new blade where it mounts and it's just a round bar in the center, it just snaps onto the wiper arm. I popped one on and off a couple times. All you have to do is pull the arm away from the window and hold it, then push the blade forward (towards the glass) to pop it off the arm. I've enclosed a couple pictures of the real thing. It makes it a little easier to use a pocket screwdriver to help pop it off, which I showed in the second picture. The pictures turned out a little dark but you'll get the picture. There's nothing special to removing it, it just pops off.

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

IT WORKS THANKS ALOT NEVER WOULD HAVE FIGUERD THAT 1 OUT PICTURES WRER TO THE POINT...THANKS AGAIN

You're welcome!