Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech

2005 dodge ram 1500: ac..the cab..heater core..pulling

I have a 2005 dodge ram 1500 8cyl. 5.7Liter HEMI i had to replace the heater and ac controls inside the cab due to the switch being broke but now i am still not getting heat i am thinking of doing a radiator flush and also flushing the heater core because radiator fluid is milky white and from the reserve resivor it is not taking any of the fluids out of it and its about the hot fill line the thermostat is working proporaly because its kicking in and pulling down the level in the radiator and the temp gage is not going down to being cold and the truck is not running hot any ideas from anyone. On this
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Jerry replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just answer.com, Super mechanic here. About your vehicle.

You will want to see if you can tell if the blend door actuator is moving, and that the rod did not pop out. The procedure to replace it requires the dash to come out though, but you may be able to see up in there.

graphic

graphic

The blend door actuators are reversible, 12-volt direct current (DC), servo motors. Models with the single zone heating-A/C system have a single blend-air door, which is controlled by a single blend door actuator. Models with the dual zone system have two blend-air doors, which are controlled by two blend door actuators.

The blend door actuator (1) for the single zone heating-A/C system is located near the center of the HVAC housing (2), close to the dash panel.

For the dual zone heating-A/C system, the same blend door actuator used for the single zone system becomes the driver side blend door actuator, which is mechanically connected to only the driver side blend-air door. A second separate blend door actuator (3) located on the top of the HVAC housing is mechanically connected to the passenger side blend-air door.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do you have a diagram of the dash were i can take it appart and get to the control arm to check it out. I got about two days of 70 degree weather and i am trying to get this done before the next cold front hits because one it passes through i wont have no more warm weather and i need to get this fixed so i can have defrost. but i can hear it switch from ac to heat but im not getting any heat just cool air so i think your right it might be the arm inside the dash but my big concern is that its not pulling anything out of the coolant resivor or spill over.
Expert:  Jerry replied 4 years ago.

I have the instructions in a PDF format that you can download at the following link. Please don't forget to come back and hit the accept button though, that is the only way we get paid, thanks

http://www.mediafire.com/?dmzjomkztmt

.

AIRBAG ARMING AND DISARMING

WARNING: The airbag control module contains the impact sensor, which enables the system to deploy the airbag. Before attempting to diagnose or service any airbag system or related steering wheel, steering column, or instrument panel components, you must disable the airbag system.

PROCEDURE

1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative (ground) cable.
  2. Wait at least two minutes for the capacitor to discharge. WARNING: This is the only sure way to disable the airbag system. Failure to do this could result in accidental airbag deployment and possible personal injury.
Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience: ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech