Josh, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler Master Certified Technician with 13 years of experience
14297198

2006 DODGE DURANGO: WONT START..NO THE STARTER..BATERY..ALTERNATOR

2006 DODGE DURANGO WON'T START,NO THE STARTER,NOT THE BATERY NOR THE ALTERNATOR
Hello, this is an extremely common problem, it's caused by the wireless control module, which is the module responsible for authenticating your key before it allows the engine to start. Disconnecting the battery resets the module, and you're good for a few days until it locks up again. The only way to repair the issue is to replace the WCM, unfortunately the only ones that can program it to the vehicle is the dealer since it's part of the immobilizer system so you might as well have them replace it as well.

If you have any other questions please let me know. If you're happy with the information I've provided please click accept.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
DO U KNOW HOW MUCH WILL COST ME TO FIX IT,,I JUST LOST MY JOB AFTER 13 YEARS,,MY WIFE IS VERY SICK,,JUST WANNA KNOW IF I GOT MONEY BEFORE I TAKE TO THE DEALER
The module will cost approximately $200, with an hour labor to replace and reprogram it, so you'll be in the neighborhood of $300.