brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,

How to replace waterpump on 2001 Dodge Intrepid

I want to know if I can replace the waterpump on a 2001 Dodge Intrepid 2.7 L without removing the upper intake plenum and the valve covers? All I need to do is replace the waterpump, which is leaking out the weap hole. It looks like a lot of unnecessary work.
The reason the intake and valve covers need to be removed is for the timing chain and aligning it up. After you replace the pump you will need to set the timing. You will not know if the engine is in time if you can't see the marks. If even off by one tooth you can damage the engine. It is a risk I suggest you do not take!