b5demon
b5demon, Dodge Technician
Experience:  ASE and Chrysler master technician for over 17 years Sprinter and Viper specialist

Remove the dual mass flywheel off of my 2007 Dodge 3500 cummins 6.

Customer Question

How do I remove the dual mass flywheel off of my 2007 Dodge 3500 cummins 6.7
Category: Dodge
Expert:  b5demon replied 4 years ago.
oon the passengers side of the engine there is an access plate that has two 10mm bolts holding it on remove that access plate and then you can get to the bolts
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have allready got it off I am teying to pull the dual mass apart so i can get to the 8 bolts is there a trick to getting these to apart
Expert:  b5demon replied 4 years ago.
they come off just like a torque convertor would unbolt on an auto trans
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Cant get to the bolts thru the mass part, do they saperate. flywheel and mass are togather on the ground

Expert:  b5demon replied 4 years ago.

ok here is the info from the service manual on that part of it

5.Loosen pressure plate bolts (1-8) evenly, a few threads at a time and in a diagonal pattern to prevent warping the plate.
6.Remove the eight pressure plate bolts (1-8) completely and remove pressure plate and disc.
7.Remove the flywheel.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Dual mass flywheel, Clutch, pressure plate and bearing has been reemoved. I am trying to remove the mass part of the flywheel to get to the 8 bolts to install the flywheel to my crank.
Expert:  b5demon replied 4 years ago.
ok that's all the info i have i'll opt out and see if anyone else has the correct info
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you for trying
Expert:  b5demon replied 4 years ago.
no problem