brownjeff
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,
11021861

1995 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4: 5.2 I need the diagram..ECM..Harness

Customer Question

1995 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5.2 I need the diagram of the ECM Harness or computer diagram
Category: Dodge
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.

Here is the diagram:

graphic

brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thank you, i have a mechanic that worked on my transmission and now my engine will not start, he claims it is the computer what do you think?
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.

Does the engine turn over?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes Jeff and he has found the ignition and the fuel injectors are not triggering
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.
Then if it ran before the transmission work was done I would check the crank sensor which is on top of the bell housing of the transmission and make sure the sensor did not get damaged and that it is plugged in.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
there is no crank sensor
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.

?????

It should.....

graphic

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
jeff the mechanic said there is none on the transmission, so this is a 1995 dodge ram 1500 4x4 5.2 vehicle are we on the same page? my truck was starting before it never in the years that I have had did not start. It was running before he started the transmission work ? I'm at a loss here can you help ?
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.

Unless someone has changed the transmission or engine or done some type of modification it has one there?

Send me the vin# XXXXX I can double check the information...

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok Jeff here's the vin# 1B7HF16Y9SS302298
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.
I double checked with the vin# XXXXX it should be there. It actually mounts to the engine and fits between the engine and transmission.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Jeff , the mechanic asked How can we test that crank shaft sensor? He also asked me to ask you does this engine have a Halofex switch?

Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.

Yes the other switch is in the distributor.

To test the crank sensor one wire should have power all the time with the key on and another wire should have power and the voltage change when cranking the engine.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Jeff He asked for the testing roceedure for the Halofax switch, and he also asked for values? or specs?
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.
You test it the same way as the crank sensor. It does not have a value or spec.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Jeff thank you, do you think this could be the computer? this is the owner asking as I don't know and the mechanic was saying he was 95 per cent sure. In my heart I don't think so...
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.
It could be the computer but unlikely.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Jeff has does not have the transmission completely back up, could that have anything to do with it? so the most likely answer to what I've explained would be this crankshaft sensor or ?
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.
Yes most likely the crank shaft sensor
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK, Jeff is it hard to get to the crank shaft sensor? I'm afraid I made a very bad call as I always go to dodge for my repairs, and this mechanic has me over a barrel right now. the transmission is not completely in and I'm stuck with him...he has increased the cost of this job every day...do u think the transmission should be back in before any futher testing is done? or does it not matter.
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.
Yes I would get it all back together
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
if the transmission is back in will it make it more difficult to test the crankshaft sensor or the halofax switch?
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.
no
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Jeff, Your information was very helpful. one more question where are these two sensors on the engine, so I can address the fact that having the transmission back in will not make it more difficult. and I am very grateful because your information has given me more strength to speak from a place of informed information...thanks and I would recommend you anytime...
Expert:  brownjeff replied 5 years ago.

I sent the picture of the crank sensor..... but I will send it again with the cam sensor:

graphic

graphic