Randall C
Randall C, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech, 32 years Diag/Electrical Specialist
13677702

where is the fuel pump on a 2007 Dodge caliber

Customer Question

Category: Dodge
Expert:  Randall C replied 4 years ago.

hello, it is located under the back seat

WARNING: Release fuel system pressure before servicing fuel system components. Service vehicles in well ventilated areas and avoid ignition sources. Never smoke while servicing the vehicle. This may result in personal injury or death.

1. Perform Fuel System Pressure Release procedure.
  2. Remove the air cleaner lid, disconnect the inlet air temperature sensor and makeup air hose.
  3. Remove the negative battery cable.

1. Remove the rear seat cushion.

1. Rear seat cushion loose.

1. Remove plastic cover.

1. Clean top of tank to remove loose dirt and debris.
  2. Use special tool #9340 to remove left side module lock ring.

1. Note the fuel pump location on the top of the fuel tank. NOTE: The pump has to be properly located to the tank for the fuel gauge to work properly.

1. Pull module up out of fuel tank, make sure that you do not spill fuel inside of vehicle.

1. Drain fuel from fuel pump module. Do not spill fuel in interior of vehicle.

Randall C, ASE Master Technician
Experience: ASE Master Tech, 32 years Diag/Electrical Specialist
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks,

My caliber just quit on me yesterday and will not re-start. I assume that its probably the fuel pump as there is no fuel getting to the fuel rail. sound right?

Expert:  Randall C replied 4 years ago.
Most likely yes, since the pump is easy to get to as well as the plug, you may want to check power at the plug right at the pump while cranking to see if 12 volts is there. If so, bad pump. If not, could be fuse or relay problem