Ivan, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech. 20+ years experience. 9 years self employed. Expert on AUTOLAB Radio Show

If I have synthetic oil in my car engine, will it hurt..regular oil

If I have synthetic oil in my car engine, will it hurt if regular oil has been added to it??

HelloCustomer mixing conventional oil and synthetical will have no detrimental effect at all. You can switch back and forth if you wanted to and would have no negative issues at all. If you run extended oil change intervals, that would be the only reservation. I wouldn't run that conventional oil for 5000 miles, but if you are running normal 3000 miles ranges, go ahead and don't worry at all. You will not hurt a single thing.

Your JA Expert,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Just want to make sure I've made it clear that a quart of regular oil has been added to the engine which has synthetic oil in it. Will it be alright to run it until the next oil change is due?

Absolutely, do not worry at all.