brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,

1994 DODGE: cylinder..mileage..the van dies..fuel filter

I have a 1994 DODGE RAM B250 full size van. 6 cylinder 3.9 liter engine.
The mileage is about 75000 miles, while driving the van dies out like the fuel got cut off, if I let it cool down for 10 minutes it would start up again, but now I had to wait for a few hours and then it would start up again until it died out again, probably due to heating up I live in Hawaii and the temperature is about 70 degrees, Ichanged the fuel pump and the fuel filter recently and my guess is the problem is the fuel pump relay but I'm asking you first because I can't have the van dying out on the road again. Let me know what else could be the problem besides the fuel pump relay if that.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  brownjeff replied 6 years ago.
Have you checked fuel pressure to confirm you are not getting fuel?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I wil drive the until on a testing road until it dies out then check the fuel pressure. Could you tell me what to do if there is no fuel pressure and also if there is fuel pressue but the van still doesn't work and sounds like there is no gas in it.

Expert:  brownjeff replied 6 years ago.
If no pressure then it can be the relay or regulator and check to make sure getting power to the relay. If it has pressure need to make sure the injectors are getting power.