Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician
Experience:  24 Year Chrysler/Dodge Certified Specialist

what causes squeaking when turning or hitting bumps on a straight

what causes squeaking when turning or hitting bumps on a straight stretch on a 1999 dodge dakota? It sounds as if it's coming from the front
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mopar Certified replied 7 years ago.

Most squeaking noises can be attributed to worn/dry sway bar bushings, so that is the first place I would look.

Sometimes you can use some silicone spray on the rubber bushings to see if the noise goes away or changes. This is just a means of trying to isolate the noise and is not a fix, because if it is the bushings causing the noise they will need replacing.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Silicone spray seemed to help a little bit. What else would I check if it's not the bushings?

If you are spraying the bushings.......and the noise changes, then the bushings are the cause of the noise.

You are using the spray to confirm whether the bushings are making the noise or not. If they weren't making any noise, then the spray would have no effect.