ase_master327, Shop Owner
Experience:  +15 years experience with Dodge. Bumper to bumper diagnosis & repair.

2005 dodge: 1500 5.7 hemi..electronic throttle control

I have a 2005 dodge 1500 5.7 hemi. I've had problems with the electronic throttle control,and had it in 3 times in the past.The truck etc went out agian and now they tell me a mouse ate some wires. Should I belive them? I have 32,000 miles and it's not under warranty,so thier going to charge me $250 to fix it . I haven't picked it up yet. Thanks Bob D
Hi, thanks for asking.. Yes it is possible that a mouse or some other animal chewed up some wiring in your truck.

If they fuond a bunch of punctures in the insulation, or maye even some torn wires.. That is what they do. .. and no.. rodent 'tampering' would not be covered under any kind of warranty.

I know it is probably not what you 'wanted to hear', but is the plain truth.
Hope it helps.