fuel filter located on a 2004 dodge neon and can I fix it myself?

Where is the fuel filter located on a 2004 dodge neon and can I fix it myself?

hello, the fuel filter is located in the fuel tank -- not accessible with out removing the fuel tank -- highly unlikely that this is the concern,tim

most of the time if the spark plugs and wires are old this would be the concern -- also if the check engine light has come on it could eb the cranks sensor -- i also have seen the ignition coils crack and cause a no start--

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the check engine light has been on for quite some time and therefore I cant tell if that is what caused it. So my best bet would be to take it to a mechanic?
yes, you will need to get the fault code out of the computer to accuratelymake diagnosis and repair -- but i bet we have a bad crank sensor,tim