George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master 15+ years
13574682

1995 dodge: I need a vacuum diagram..drivers side..cant find one

Customer Question

I need a vacuum diagram for a 1995 dodge 2500 with a 360. a mouse chewed off 3 lines that go to a switch on the drivers side of the motor, I can't find one of the lines and am not sure which port on the switch the other 2 hook up to
Category: Dodge
Expert:  George H. replied 5 years ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

Is this the valve that the vacuum lines go to?

graphic

Help me find which valve you need help with and I will describe the connection

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
that is the valve, I have 2 lines that went to it that I have joined together and can't find another one. by looking at this picture it appears to be blocked off though is this correct? also I'm curious what this valve does. one line has a T in it just up the line does it go to the very top connection or the middle one.

Thanks I'm sure you'll be able to help me figure this out
Expert:  George H. replied 5 years ago.

That is the Evap Purge Solenoid shown in the diagram below that allows engine vacuum to reach the charcoal canister when the operating conditions are correct. It has a vent line that goes to a filter and a line to the intake manifold. The other line goes to the charcoal canister so that the gasoline vapors can be drawn off and burned in the engine instead of being vented to the atmosphere.

The top line has the TEE as shown by the wide portion in the diagram

graphic

Let me know if you have further questions

Thank you

George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Master 15+ years
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the info, would it be acceptable to leave the filter off, it doesn't have a one way valve or anything on it does it
Expert:  George H. replied 5 years ago.

You can leave the filter off, it just keeps foriegn matter and bugs out. If the port got clogged the valve may not close as it could not vent. If it hangs open it will act as a vacuum leak at idle and slightly off idle

Thank you for using JA!!