Josh, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler Master Certified Technician with 13 years of experience

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT, Passenger window will not move up

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT, Passenger window will not move up or down with passenger switch but will with driver side switch. Changed out switch with no luck. Since have found both back windows will not work. Tried to activate window lock button but windows will still not work from individual door control but all will work from drivers door. Is window lock button bad or what else?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Josh replied 7 years ago.
Hello, what you're going to want to do is remove the drivers window switch and check for power on the yellow wire when the lock button is in the on position, if you have power coming out of the drivers window switch you likely have a wiring problem between the drivers switch and the other windows, you'll just need to trace the wire from the drivers door to the other doors, I've commonly seen issues in drivers door sill area where the feed wire splits to the other three doors. I've included a diagram of the system below, the far right side of the diagram is what you'll want to focus on.

If you have any other questions please let me know. If you're happy with the information I've provided please click accept.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
followed inst., hot wire for windows is tan. power stayed on at switch with lock button on going to each window. removed door panel and did not find a problem with wiring. put it back togather and still no success. took back off of electronic portion of switch, didn't see anything obvious. put it back together and the darn thing works, all windows. must have moved something somewhere. oh well works for now. Thanks Gary