brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,

2006 dodge: Ram 3.7 motor 6 cylinder..drove..warmed..clutch 45 days

Customer Question

I have a 2006 dodge Ram 3.7 motor 6 cylinder, 6 speed transmission, I couldn't get the truck to shift into any gear after I drove it (seemed liked maybe the when the engine warmed up), I had the sleeve replaced, and still has the same problem. I also replaced the clutch 45 days ago, please advise also, is the powertrain warrenty still good on this altho I'm the 2nd owner?
Thank You
Harry Byram
Category: Dodge
Expert:  brownjeff replied 7 years ago.
How many miles is on the truck? Also send me the vin# XXXXX I can check the warranty.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The truck has about 51,ooo miles and the VIN # XXXXX XXXXX also I think the clutch has been replaced before I bought the truck, This truck was repossed. I'm in Missouri
Thank You
Expert:  brownjeff replied 7 years ago.

The warranty on the truck has expired.

When you replaced the clutch was the pressure plate and throw out bearing replaced also?

When the slave cylinder was replaced was the clutch master cylinder replaced also?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

When we replaced the clutch I bought the whole kit so yes the pressure plate and bearing was replaced and when Fugate Motors replaced the slave cylinder they said it was 1 unit so I'm assuming they replaced the master cylinder too.

Expert:  brownjeff replied 7 years ago.
Can you shift the transmission into gear when the engine is not running?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, its a little hard but will go into gear
Expert:  brownjeff replied 7 years ago.
If going into gear when not running then the problem is in the clutch system. With it not going into gear this is normally a problem with the hydraulic system...clutch master cylinder or slave cylinder. It could also be the pressure plate, but unlikely. I would take it back to who ever did the hydraulic system and have them double check their work and the parts they installed.