moparfl
moparfl, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech Gold level Chrysler Status 30 years dealership exp
13195827

how easy is it to replace the front struts on my 2006 Dodge

how easy is it to replace the front struts on my 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 4wd 5.7 quad cab? Could I do it myself?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  moparfl replied 5 years ago.
It does not have struts it has coil over shocks and they are not hard to replace. I will send you the info on it.
moparfl, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Master Tech Gold level Chrysler Status 30 years dealership exp
Expert:  moparfl replied 5 years ago.

4X4-COIL OVER

1.Raise and support the vehicle, (Refer to 04 - Vehicle Quick Reference/Hoisting - Standard Procedure) .
2.Remove the tire and wheel assembly.
3.Support the lower control arm outboard end.
4.Remove the three upper shock nuts (1).

5.Remove the lower shock bolt (6) and nut.

6.Remove the caliper adapter with the caliper (Refer to 05 - Brakes/Hydraulic/Mechanical/ADAPTER, Disc Brake Caliper - Removal) .
7.Remove the rotor (Refer to 05 - Brakes/Hydraulic/Mechanical/ROTOR, Brake - Removal) .
8.Disconnect the wheel speed sensor wiring from the knuckle and upper control arm.

9.Remove the upper ball joint retaining nut and separate the upper ball joint (4) from the knuckle (6) using Ball Joint Remover 9360 (5).

10.Remove the stabilizer link lower nut (2).
11.Remove the axle hub nut.
12.Remove the shock assembly (1).