Josh, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Chrysler Master Certified Technician with 13 years of experience

2003 Dodge Durango: The fault code..heated..oxygen sensor

My 2003 Dodge Durango needs a repair in order to pass smog. The fault code is p0058 rear heated oxygen sensor heater control circuit high (bank 2) is the diagnosis. is this an easy repair and the appox. cost
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Josh replied 7 years ago.
Hello, This is most commonly a failure of the oxygen sensor itself, but rarely it can also be caused by wiring problems or a failure of the pcm itself. Replacement of the oxygen sensor at a shop should be under $200, if you wanted to do it yourself you should be able to pick up an oxygen sensor for under $100. It unscrews from the exhaust using a 22mm or 7/8" wrench or oxygen sensor socket. I've included an illustration showing it's location below.

If you have any other questions please let me know. If you're happy with the information I've provided please click accept.