Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech, 30 years exp. troubleshooter, driveability tech
2947720

2006 Dodge Stratus horn does not work, checked fuse, replaced

Customer Question

2006 Dodge Stratus horn does not work, checked fuse, replaced relay, still won't work, Help!
Category: Dodge
Expert:  ricardo hohl replied 5 years ago.
it is possible that the air bag or clock spring can be at fault , if you check the fuse and replace the relay have you check the horns? also can you here if the relay clicks when you press on the horn pad
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
NO CLICK AT ALL, LIKE PUSHING ON MUSH!

ok do you have a test ligth?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
YES, AND A MULITY METER.

ok let me locate the relay wireing and get back to you 2 minutes.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK, PLEASE SEND ME PICS ON THE HORN DIAGRAM AND WIRING , THANKS
ok can you remove the relay turn key on and check how many powers are there in the relay conector.
Notes

PLEASE NOTE: Some diagrams may appear to be missing because of gaps in the number sequences. These "gaps" are actually for diagrams that do not apply to the vehicle model selected.

8w-41-2

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I WILL HAVE TRY THIS TOMORROW AFTER WORK , ITS TOO DARK TO WORK ON THIS PROBLEM NOW, THANKS FOR THE DIAGRAM , WHAT IS THE CLOCK SPRING IS THIS IN THE FUSE BOX , UNDER THE HOOD, BY THE HORN RELAY. IF YOU CAN SEND ME A BREAK DOWN OF THE FUSE BOX UNDER THE HOOD BECAUSE MY OWNER MANUAL DOES NOT SHOW THESE CIRCUITS & RELAYS,

THIS WOULD HELP METO CHECK VOLTAGE ON THE RELAYS, AND ALSO WHERE IS THE HORN LOCATED.

hi there should we continue?