Mopar Certified
Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician
Experience:  24 Year Chrysler/Dodge Certified Specialist
12104952

P01776 and P0871 faults stored in Trans. Intermittently the

P01776 and P0871 faults stored in Trans. Intermittently the transmission will not go into overdrive. After restarting the vehicle it will drive fine for 1 to 3 days.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  Mopar Certified replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-What year is your Dodge?
-What model is your Dodge?
-How many miles are on your Dodge?
-What type of engine is in your Dodge?
-What have you already tried?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
2002 Dodge intrepid with a 2.7. I have not tried anything yet except the basic fluid level check. From what I have been reading on the internet the valve body or the solenoid block may be to blame?

Your 871 code does not show up as a valid code number.

However there is a tsb for the 1776 code that should be followed.

SUBJECT:

MIL Illumination - DTC P1776 Solenoid Switch Valve Latched in LR Position

DISCUSSION:

If the vehicle operator describes a MIL illumination and the technician finds DTC P1776

Solenoid Switch Valve Latched in LR Position is set the DRBIII® can be used to access

the event data screen and look at the "TRS Code" reading.

NOTE: The solenoid switch valve is not in the solenoid pack it is in the valve body.

TRS Code Reads TR2

If the "TRS Code" displays "TR2" it is an indication that the manual valve was not fully in

the OD position at the time the DTC was set. Check the shifter cable adjustment and

adjust if necessary. Also check the shift control system for excessive friction and/or routing

issues.

TRS Code Reads OD

If the "TRS Code" displays "OD" then a sticky solenoid switch valve is the primary cause.

Perform the proper diagnosis for the valve body. Inspect for foreign material in the solenoid

switch valve and plugs.

**FOR 2002 - 2004 LH MODEL ONLY**

**If replacing the valve body assembly for DTC P1776 Solenoid Switch Valve Latched in

LR Position first inspect the build date on the solenoid pack (Fig. 1) or (Fig. 2). If the build

date range falls in between 3001 and 0603 replace the solenoid pack not the valve body**.

Because this requires the use of a scan tool to gain the TRS failure code, you are best to let a shop diagnose this for you otherwise you will just be guessing between the two.

Mopar Certified, Dodge Technician
Experience: 24 Year Chrysler/Dodge Certified Specialist
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
If the shifter cable was out of adjustment it should do this every time correct? Also the solenoid pack is on the valve body to check the production date of it? Does that LH model code even apply to the Intrepid?

1. Maybe

2. No, the solenoid pack is external.

3. LH is just the body code for the Intrepid, Concorde 300M.