brownjeff
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,
11021861

2005 Dodge Dakota: tow..drivers side airbag light stays on..sensors

i just had tow hooks put on the front of my 2005 Dodge Dakota at an autobody shop. Now the driver's side airbag light stays on. The autobody shop said they didn't do anything near the sensors, but nonetheless, the light wasn't on before I brought it in. I am bringing my truck to a Dodge dealer to have them check it out, and was told it will cost me $89.95 just to have the diagnostic run. I am just trying to prepare myself for what the cost may be to fix the problem. Can you give me a ballpark for what the problem may be, and on a 'this isn't a big deal' to 'it's a big deal' how much I may have to pay to get this fixed?
Category: Dodge
Expert:  brownjeff replied 7 years ago.

There is a front impact sensor close to the front bumper that may have gotten disconnected when doing the hooks. Make sure it is plugged in. As far as the repair cost goes it can be a $100.00 to $1,000.00 so many parts in this system that can cause the light to come on.

graphic

graphic