moparfl
moparfl, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech Gold level Chrysler Status 30 years dealership exp
13195827

How do i replace a fuel filter on a 2002 dodge dakota 6 cylinder

Customer Question

How do i replace a fuel filter on a 2002 dodge dakota 6 cylinder 3.9   sxt and were is it located? can u give me a part number.
Category: Dodge
Expert:  moparfl replied 7 years ago.
The fuel filter on your truck is on top of the fuel pump on the top of the gas tank.it also acts as a pressure regulator.I will send you a picture of it.
Expert:  moparfl replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  moparfl replied 7 years ago.

DESCRIPTION

A combination fuel filter and fuel pressure regulator (Side View-Filter/Regulator) is used on all engines. It is located on the top of the fuel pump module. A separate frame mounted fuel filter is not used with any engine.

Both fuel filters (at bottom of fuel pump module and within fuel pressure regulator) are designed for extended service. They do not require normal scheduled maintenance. Filters should only be replaced if a diagnostic procedure indicates to do so.