CDJMasterTech
CDJMasterTech, Dodge Master Technician
Experience:  Factory trained and certified Dodge Master Technician, ASE Master Technician
18188794

2002 dodge intrepid no spark 2.7 liter one coil gets red hot

2002 dodge intrepid no spark 2.7 liter one coil gets red hot crank no start fuse are good
Category: Dodge
Expert:  CDJMasterTech replied 7 years ago.
The coil that is getting too hot has a short to ground, either in the wiring harness or in the computer itself. This will cause the no start condition also. If I have answered your question please hit accept.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
So were should i look Why don"t it blow a fuse Any way to test the computer
You need to inspect the wiring harness between the coil and the computer. If you have no problems there, then the problem is in the computer. There is no way to test the computer except by process of elimination. You didn't blow a fuse because the coil is designed to be energized and shut down very quickly by the computer turning on and off the ground to the coil. This is how the spark is created. If the ground wire is shorted out the coil does not draw any extra current it just overheats and does not create spark. If I have answered your question please hit accept or I do not get compensated for my answer.